· Greet customer and make them feel welcome
· Be competent with the POS
· Taking customer orders, correctly processing and taking payment. Repeat the order back before completing the transaction
· The cashier must be familiar with the menu
· Offering suggestions to help guests order exactly what they want
· Fast order entry is vital for keeping up with rush periods and avoiding service delays
· Keep your station well stocked with sufficient change in the cash drawer, spare printer paper available
· Responsible for your till money. Count when placing money into the cash drawer. You will have a till slip completed by the manager counting out the till bag. Recount your coin and bills to make sure the amounts are accurate. You will begin your shift with a till count of $100
· Responsible for all cash, coupons, over-ring receipts, credit card receipts etc.
· Discounts are adjustment to the item or total price. Staple coupons to the receipt
· Voids occur when an order is entered incorrectly
· Your end of shift count will need to be verified with a manager/supervisor. Place all money, receipts, till report sheet back into till bag and place in safe.
· Assist with front end duties as needed such as: filling napkin dispensers, salt & pepper shakers, filling ICEE machine etc.
· Assist with cleaning as indicated